Board of Airline Representatives of New Zealand (BARNZ)
Enhancing the traveling experience and safety of airline passengers
The Business Challenge
Ensure passengers and baggage travel together to comply with Aviation Security Act’s “Triple A” regulations; for BARNZ, this involves 20+ international airlines operating in New Zealand from four airports at Auckland, Christchurch, Queenstown and Wellington.
Cloud-based advanced Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS) including managed services, network infrastructure, security architecture, handheld scanners, staff training and 24/7 help desk support; 3G and 4G scanning; Unisys Messaging to provide connectivity to all airlines.
Results and Benefits
- Improved security and operational efficiency without impeding passenger flow
- Reduced cost and streamlined passenger service with measurable reductions in lost and mishandled bags
- Increased operational flexibility and IT scalability with the ability to handle increased volumes
- Enabled real-time visibility and therefore greater efficiency into baggage outcomes (lost bags)
- Ensured continued compliance with the Government’s Office of Transport Security regulations