Taking action to adhere to environmental regulations
How does Unisys view environmental management? It means conducting business in a responsible manner, with respect and concern for the environment. It's a matter of strictly adhering to local, national, and international laws governing environmental protection and offering environmentally-responsible products.
On a regular basis, regulatory compliance validation reviews are performed at Unisys locations to evaluate conformity with country-specific environmental regulations and established Unisys best practices. Third party assessments are performed independent of internal reviews to add objectivity to the evaluation process. Unisys has not received a notice of violation or a fine for non-compliance of environmentally related matters in over ten years.
To foster this commitment, Unisys has assembled a staff of qualified professionals possessing extensive experience. These skilled professionals are responsible for identifying and resolving environmental, safety, and health issues in a timely, cost-effective and technically-sound manner.
Environmental management entails:
- Working with our customers to develop environmentally acceptable products and services.
- Sustaining effective product recycling and reclamation programs.
- Enlisting the support of our suppliers with regard to sound environmental management.
- Using resources in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Addressing environmental response activities consistent with government requirements.
- Striving for continual improvement in our environmental performance.
- Conducting business in a manner that safeguards the interests of Unisys stakeholders.
- Fostering environmental responsibility among our employees.
- Reducing or eliminating the use of hazardous substances whenever technically feasible.
While environmental management is a continuous process, Unisys has made notable advances over the past several years.