Driving business growth by modernizing predictive data analytics platform
Globe Life performs data analysis and applies predictive analytics to identify and target potential markets. Its existing on-premise data extraction, data quality and data analysis platforms were not scalable, posed stability issues and were costly to support and maintain.
Unisys deployed a hybrid cloud solution to modernize Globe Life's extract, transform and load (ETL) platform within an Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment, including:
- Building a platform to run in an AWS cloud environment that enables ETL functions, data quality, cleansing and analysis capabilities and offers high availability and fault tolerance using native AWS services
- Migrating storage data to a fully managed AWS Oracle RDS (Relational Database Service)
- Migrating from Windows to a Linux distribution on Amazon Linux AMI
Results and Benefits
- Lower total cost of ownership (TCO) through reduced capital expenditure and greater agility though cloud deployment
- Reduced recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO)
- Increased productivity working more efficiently at the system level, including database cloning, data masking, data restore and rollback, profiling of sensitive data, data lineage and production and non-production database backups
Globe Life provides insurance coverage to more than 4.4 million policyholders. With over $91 billion of insurance in force, Globe Life is committed to providing secure life insurance protection to its policyholders today and in the future.
Industry | Offerings
Life and health insurance coverage
Unisys solutions and services
Cloud migration and data conversion