Enhancing the traveling experience and safety of airline passengers
Help ensure passengers and baggage travel together to comply with Aviation Security Act’s “Triple A” regulations; for BARA, this involves 40+ international airlines operating in Australia from seven airports at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast.
Unisys developed and deployed a cloud-based advanced baggage reconciliation solution including managed services, network infrastructure, security architecture, handheld scanners, staff training and 24/7 help desk support, 3G and 4G scanning, and messaging services to provide connectivity to all airlines.
Results and benefits
- Improved security and operational efficiency without impeding passenger flow
- Reduced cost and streamlined passenger service with measurable reductions in lost and mishandled bags
- Increased operational flexibility and IT scalability with the ability to handle increased volumes
- Enabled real-time visibility and, therefore, greater efficiency in baggage outcomes (lost bags)
- Met continued compliance with the government’s Office of Transport Security regulations