Unisys Achieves Membership in New AWS Partner Program Recognising Expertise and Success in Delivering Cloud Solutions to Government Clients
Unisys becomes one of the first companies to achieve AWS Government Competency
London, UK June 21, 2016 – Unisys Corporation today announced it has been recognised by Amazon Web Services (AWS) as one of its first partners to achieve AWS Government Competency, a new component of the AWS Competency Program which highlights companies demonstrating technical proficiency and success in delivering specialised cloud-based solutions on AWS to customers.
Today’s announcement marks the first time the AWS Competency Program has recognised partners for specific expertise in delivering solutions to government clients. Unisys was selected based on its proven track record of successfully delivering cloud-based solutions on AWS to federal, state and local government agencies in the U.S., including clients like the Department of the Interior, the State of Washington and the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau.
“We are pleased to be among the first companies recognised by AWS as having expertise in providing cloud-based, mission-critical solutions to clients across government,” said Venkatapathi “PV” Puvvada, president of Unisys Federal Systems. “This recognition validates Unisys’ approach to delivering more efficient and cost-saving cloud services to government, while reinforcing our position as a leader in bringing the benefits of these services to our public sector clients.”
Unisys collaborates with AWS to deliver offerings that help clients achieve the efficiencies and cost benefits of the cloud. These offerings include:
- Unisys Stealth™(cloud) for AWS – Unisys’ micro-segmentation security solution gives AWS customers a fast and convenient way to protect vital information and applications against evolving threats.
- Unisys Hybrid Architecture Strategy and Blueprint Service – An advisory service to help clients create strategies for hybrid architectures, including cloud governance, to successfully move toward a software-defined enterprise.
- Unisys Applications and Infrastructure Assessment Service – A comprehensive service to create an actionable plan to help clients efficiently migrate workloads to AWS.
- Unisys Hybrid Architecture Design and Implementation Service – Unisys integrates clients’ on-premises environments with AWS to optimise resource utilisation and reduce costs without sacrificing control and visibility.
- Unisys Hybrid Architecture Operations and Management Service – Unisys provides day-to-day operations and management of clients’ hybrid architectures, allowing clients to focus on achieving mission objectives.
- Unisys Storage Optimization Solutions – Unisys provides essential services and solutions for clients’ data lifecycle management initiatives, including storage infrastructure, disaster recovery and data protection.
- Advanced Data Analytics – Unisys gives clients the opportunity to leverage the scalability, security and flexibility of AWS paired with custom analytics developed by Unisys data scientists.
In addition, qualified state and local government agencies may purchase AWS services under Unisys’ contract with NASPO ValuePoint (formerly the Western States Contracting Alliance).
Unisys is a global information technology company that works with many of the world's largest companies and government organisations to solve their most pressing IT and business challenges. Unisys specialises in providing integrated, leading-edge solutions to clients in the government, financial services and commercial markets. With more than 20,000 employees serving clients around the world, Unisys offerings include cloud and infrastructure services, application services, security solutions, and high-end server technology. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
Follow Unisys on Twitter @UnisysUK.