Delivering cargo on time and securely
MAB Kargo Sdn Bhd, also known as MASkargo, is the cargo arm for Malaysia Airlines and a subsidiary of its parent company Malaysia Aviation Group, which operates scheduled and chartered air cargo services, ground handling services as well as airport to seaport cargo logistics via ground transportation. Serving almost 100 destinations worldwide, MAB Kargo delivers through scheduled freighter services and belly space capacity on its holding company’s aircrafts, MAB and its other subsidiaries.
"Keep business moving" by countering growing competition, enduring in an industry with thin margins and a desire to grow the flag carrier by providing quality and reliable air freight services to almost 100 destinations worldwide.
Unisys deployed its Cargo Solutions to manage domestic and international cargo sales, operations and third-party ground handling business, including analytics and customizations integrated with the MASkargo’s automated warehouse system; the solutions were implemented in months instead of years for typical in-house systems.
Results and benefits
- Reduced costs as compared to running traditional software systems and increased the pace of adopting air cargo industry enhancements
- Gained the opportunity to provide inputs, with additional benefits of receiving free-of-cost new enhancements of common interest, by joining the Unisys cargo user group community of leading air cargo carriers
- Transformed processes and systems to achieve a lean and adaptive model, focusing on core aspects of business and catering to industry development and customers’ demands
- Avoided multiple data capture, gained the ability to reuse data and saved on additional staffing costs associated with growth
- Gained ease of introducing new products and new commercial models through closely integrated yet modular systems, leading to increased revenue
- Optimized returns on capacity inventory by using dynamic pricing