Georgia Technology Authority
Enabling new and innovative services to citizens
The Business Challenge
Provide technology leadership for 102 executive branch agencies and 1,300+ entities across the State of Georgia.
Unisys CloudForte® to deploy a hybrid cloud environment, including access to AWS and Microsoft Azure; additional services include secure identity and access management to give state employees an identity-based, single sign-on, storage (migration from tape to disc), backup, identity and directory management and data center management, and mobile device management.
Results and Benefits
- Improved end-user experience via single sign-on
- Reduced risk with faster data recovery (from weeks to hours)
- Reduced costs by moving to a consumption model
- Reduced average time for new infrastructure deployment dramatically from months to hours
- Enabled agencies to offer new and innovative services to citizens more rapidly
- Improved overall security posture of messaging services
Related News Releases
New Hybrid Cloud Solution from Unisys to Enable Georgia Government Agencies to Provide State Services to Citizens More Efficiently and at a Lower Cost - All While Having Access to More IT Help
The Georgia Technology Authority has selected Unisys to provide a new hybrid-cloud solution through which the Georgia government agencies it serves will be able to deliver state services to Georgia's nine million citizens more efficiently and at a lower cost – all while having access to greater support from information technology (IT) professionals.
Unisys Selected by State of Georgia to Provide State Workers with Secure, Efficient Access to Cloud-Based Email and Collaboration Tools
The State of Georgia has selected Unisys to enable email users across select state government agencies to seamlessly and securely access email and tools like Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and Skype through single sign-on capability.