Hotel Realm, Canberra
Unisys is proud to be a silver sponsor of the Biometrics Institute Showcase Australia. This will be an inperson event held at Hotel Realm, Canberra on Wednesday, 25 May 2022.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Showcase Australia provides a unique and effective platform to connect biometric users from key government agencies with technology providers to share experiences that will help shape the future of the biometrics industry.
The event will provide updates on biometric projects and discuss important topics such as identity management at the border, digital identity, remote onboarding and privacy.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Hon Karen Andrews MP, Minister for Home Affairs (via video)
- Juleigh Cook, Acting Head Digital Identity, Digital Transformation Agency
- Brett Feldon, Advisory Council Member, Biometrics Institute
- Lorraine Finlay, Australian Human Rights Commissioner
- Ben Foster, Assistant Commissioner, Digital Identity Services, Australian Taxation Office
- Stephen Gee, Asst Secretary, Passport Policy & Integrity, Department of Foreign Affairs
- Sam Stuart, Director, Digital Identity, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I), Mastercard Asia/Pacific
- Simon Walsh, National Manager, Operational Science and Technology, Australian Federal Police
- Paul Cross, Head of Border Management, Sydney Practice, SITA
- Terry Hartmann, Vice President, Asia-Pacific, Cognitec Systems
- John Rule, Managing Director, Brands Australia
- Blair Crawford, Managing Director, Daltrey Australia
- Sylvia Jastkowiak, Senior Consultant, NEC Australia
- Sasha Agafonoff, Technical Consultant, Nuance
- David Chadwick, Global Director, Identity and Biometrics, Unisys
Topic: How myths and ‘big brother’ paranoia is holding back the protection of critical citizen data
Time: 3:10pm (AEST)