Aging facilities coupled with tight budgets are causing airports to struggle with peak travel demand while improving customer satisfaction and enabling revenue opportunities. Airport Directors must find ways to balance the need to increase operational efficiencies and improve passenger flow without compromising security and safety. The Unisys Airport Operations suite, consultancy, and systems integration services help airport directors resolve the conflicts by addressing the management and improvement of all key aspects of an airport’s operations.
The suite is a set of common-use applications and modules to support all airports’ activities including gate/stand/carousel management, baggage management, and local departure control. These flexible systems are built to comprehensively address strategic challenges while also specifically solving tactical challenges such as resource allocation management. The suite provides a single, consistent environment delivered on premise or in the cloud for planning and managing all aspects of the airport’s operational workload and leverage smartphones and mobile technology to provide a mobile solution for airport operations staff.
This comprehensive operations management system constantly accepts up-to-the-minute flight related information from air traffic control, airline systems, various operational systems and handling agents. It stores the information in the airport operational database (AODB) and circulates this real-time data to related airport systems, passengers and key stakeholders in the airport community for more effective management of airport resources. The AODB is connected to the rest of the Unisys Airport Operations solution by a messaging-based middleware which tightly integrates the core AODB to the systems that serve all corners of airport operations.
Client benefits include:
- Improve response and decision making through the unified view of operations and decision making tools
- Quicker processing of information and identification of a situation
- More proactive approach to resource allocation
- Better decisions through more holistic, timely view of operations
- Improved ability to anticipate and meet customer needs
- Reduce cost of operations through the centralized management and distribution of critical information
- High powered, centralized dashboard requires fewer people to monitor systems
- Fewer technical resources required to build/maintain multiple monitoring systems
- Better access to data and high-powered analytics enables improved reporting
- Boost airport retail revenue by pushing valuable information and offers to passengers
- Optimize passenger dwell time and education passenger on relevant offers
- Gain rich insights into passenger behavior, satisfaction