Board of Airline Representatives of Australia (BARA)
Enhancing the traveling experience and safety of airline passengers
The Business Challenge
Ensure passengers and baggage travel together to comply with Aviation Security Act’s “Triple A” regulations; for BARA, this involves 40+ international airlines operating in Australia from seven airports at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast.
Cloud-based advanced Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS) including managed services, network infrastructure, security architecture, handheld scanners, staff training and 24/7 help desk support; 3G and 4G scanning; Unisys Messaging to provide connectivity to all airlines.
Results and Benefits
- Improved security and operational efficiency without impeding passenger flow
- Reduced cost and streamlined passenger service with measurable reductions in lost and mishandled bags
- Increased operational flexibility and IT scalability with the ability to handle increased volumes
- Enabled real-time visibility and therefore greater efficiency into baggage outcomes (lost bags)
- Ensured continued compliance with the Government’s Office of Transport Security regulations