The Business Challenge
Support what IATA forecasts will be the world’s largest air passenger market (defined by traffic to, from and within) by 2029.
- Unisys ClearPath Forward™ Dorado systems with Extended Transaction Capacity (XTC) clustering capability to link up to six systems for increased transaction processing capacity, storage and virtual tape library.
- Unisys Aircore next-generation passenger system which TravelSky offers as a hosted system to China’s airlines; Air China is the first client of the new solution.
- Unisys Logistics Management System (LMS) and Cargo Portal Service (CPS) which TravelSky offers to China’s cargo airlines via Software-as-a-Service model from a Unisys secure private cloud environment hosted in Beijing, now used by Air China and China Eastern; TravelSky and Unisys are co-developing the next generation of LMS.
Results and Benefits
- Ensured the ability to quickly and securely handle the predicted 1.19 billion passengers in 2034, 758 million more than 2014 with an average annual growth rate of 5.2%
- Enabled Air China to generate ~50 million flight queries and 1 million booking requests per day