The Business Challenge
Deliver critical utility services to homeowners and businesses in Colombia, Panamá, Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico and Chile.
- SIEM Security Information and Event Management to protect critical infrastructure and their associated IT services and SCADA/ICS systems, and Machine Learning as a Service (Advanced Data Analytics) to identify suspicious activity on the EPM network.
- Security consulting to create a security roadmap and trust organization.
Results and Benefits
- Protected the critical infrastructure by processing, correlating and detecting security threats against ~100 million events per day in the Unisys SOC; ~200 threats detected per day of which ~ 90% are solved by Unisys and ~10% by EPM - and average 1 or 2 security threats per day
- Achieved the ability to prevent potential cyber threats before they occur
- Identified “known” versus “unknown” risks
- Detected data exfiltration and/or beaconing, communication with known botnet IP locations and malware controllers
- Gained the ability to find sensitive EPM employee email identity data on social and dark web