The Business Challenge
Ensure passengers and baggage travel together to comply with Aviation Security Act’s “Triple A” regulations; for BARA, this involves 40+ international airlines operating in Australia from seven airports at Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns, Perth, Adelaide and the Gold Coast, and for BARNZ, this involves 20+ international airlines operating in New Zealand from four airports at Auckland, Christchurch, Queenstown and Wellington.
Cloud-based advanced Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS) including managed services, network infrastructure, security architecture, handheld scanners, staff training and 24/7 help desk support; 3G and 4G scanning; Unisys Messaging to provide connectivity to all airlines.
Results and Benefits
- Improved security and operational efficiency without impeding passenger flow
- Reduced cost and streamlined passenger service with measurable reductions in lost and mishandled bags
- Increased operational flexibility and IT scalability with the ability to handle increased volumes
- Enabled real-time visibility and therefore greater efficiency into baggage outcomes (lost bags)
- Ensured continued compliance with the Government’s Office of Transport Security regulations