ClearPath systems participate in environments where they collaborate with other systems, within the same organization or externally. The ability to reuse existing systems in conjunction with new applications accelerates the process of developing new IT services, helping to maintain business agility. Service-oriented architecture (SOA) is seen as providing a well-structured architectural framework for building these distributed applications.
ClearPath applications and databases can fully participate in enterprise-wide SOA-based solutions. Clients can also create new ClearPath-based SOA services. Unisys offers a rich set of ClearPath SOA technologies to ensure that ClearPath solutions can leverage the SOA benefits.
SOA is a true enabler of business agility.
Unisys SOA for ClearPath program offers considerable resources to help with the design and implementation of SOA systems, including a robust set of consulting services and innovative tools, such as:
- Expert consulting services. Unisys consultants are available to help organizations with the modernization process using such services as:
- Application Profiling to inventory applications and develop an application modernization repository.
- Proof-of-concept for re-interfacing via application wrapping, web services, and configuration management; application refactoring; and ePortal solution design and development.
- Solution Design for SOA Service Enablement to architect and deliver SOA services that meet an organization’s business needs.
- Open Distributed Transaction Processing (Open/DTP) enables global transactions with full 2-phase commit features in the distributed SOA scenarios.
- Unisys Agile Business Suite (AB Suite) provides business modeling capabilities in an integrated development environment. It is a Microsoft Visual Studio-based package, optimized to build mission-critical business applications for deployment to a choice of operating environments, including ClearPath MCP and .NET. AB Suite can be used in several ways:
- Modernize existing Enterprise Application Environment (EAE) applications and leverage developer skills into an object-oriented (OO) framework without exposing them to the enormous complexity of .Net Framework.
- Replace outdated, obsolete application components by building robust, new components that can seamlessly interact with other applications capable of consuming standard interfaces.
- Easily extend existing functionality in a developer-friendly, high-productivity development environment.
- Business Information Server is a rapid application development tool for turning raw data into business information. It can fully facilitate SOA implementations.
- An extensive set of Java and Microsoft Connectors enable ClearPath applications and data to fully participate in the SOA scenarios including global transactions and 2-phase commit. This enables ClearPath transactions and databases to integrate with internal and external Java and Microsoft compliant applications and data. Additional Unisys technologies include ClearPath Eclipse IDE plug-ins.
- ClearPath ePortal is a specialty engines that supports COBOL application wrapping and orchestration to enable SOA-based access to existing application processes along with secure deployment management features.
- Java and Java EE can be used to extend existing ClearPath applications, create components, or integrate other artifacts as part of the enterprise-wide SOA implementations.
- ClearPath MCP and OS 2200 JProcessors are specialty engines that provide a secure, optimized and dedicated Java and Jave EE environments
- ClearPath supports an extensive number of Open Source and Java tools including JBoss application server