ClearPath MCP software provides a world-renowned integrated software stack designed to support mission critical applications that businesses use to differentiate themselves from their competitors. ClearPath MCP Release 17.0 is the latest release of this operating environment. It builds on the rich functionality available in MCP 16.0 and introduces important new capabilities designed to help you develop and modernize your mission critical applications, address your organization’s security requirements, and optimize the operation of your data center.
MCP 17.0 highlights include:
- A new Connectivity Services product enables applications to use the Infiniband interconnect on fabric-enabled ClearPath servers. Applications can also use Ethernet when Infiniband is not available. APIs are available for applications running in the ClearPath MCP and Microsoft Windows operating environments.
- The Relational Database Server for ClearPath MCP product introduced on MCP 16.0 has several key enhancements: support for stored procedures, ODBC drivers for both Microsoft Windows and Linux, and support for SQL functions.
- ClearPath ePortal 6.1 introduces many new capabilities designed to accelerate and simplify the process of developing mobile and web applications that are integrated with existing ClearPath MCP-based applications. An example is support for multi-device applications that can run on phones, tablets, and PCs.
- The Security Center administration tool has several enhancements designed to simply management of keys used with Secure Shell (SSH) services. Security Center can also be used to force users to change their password the first time they log onto a system.
- The 360 degree security tool set developed by partner Locum Software has several enhancements designed to help mitigate security gaps that can be exposed by audits. An example is Locum RealTime Monitor’s new advanced alert filtering capability intended to help security administrators focus on the most important alerts and more effectively “mind the gap”.
- The Unisys Business Continuity Accelerator (BCA) product and the recently introduced Disk Encryption product are now integrated to support failover with encrypted disks. BCA also has new capabilities to automate the generation of scripts for EMC SRDF.
- The Data Compression product introduced on MCP 16.0 can now compress database backup files, audit files and internal large objects (ILOBs). A compression API is also available for use by application programs.
- The dbaTOOLS database administration products developed by partner Stewart DataTech have a new automated on-line garbage collection capability that is designed to remove wasted space in databases and reduce the risk of database limit errors.
For additional information about these and other MCP 17.0 features please consult the Software Release Announcement and the Product Documentation Library.
ClearPath MCP Release 17.0 is an integrated release of over 125 products that have been designed, developed, and tested together. Moving to MCP 17.0 will help your organization achieve these benefits and more:
- Integrate business processes both within an organization and between organizations
- Improve developer productivity by using contemporary tools and technologies
- Improve the productivity of application end-users without having to modify existing application logic
- Increase the scalability of mission-critical applications and databases to support business growth
- Updated products designed to help protect sensitive data from unauthorized access and tampering
- Automation of audit and regulatory compliance activities using new and updated capabilities
- Reduce requirements for MCP-specific operations skills and related costs
- Increase availability of mission-critical applications to end users
- Move large quantities of data across networks more efficiently
You can begin achieving these benefits immediately after installing ClearPath MCP Release 17.0. You may need to license additional software to achieve certain benefits.
To learn more about the release, see 'ClearPath MCP Release 17.0 Software Release Announcement' and 'ClearPath MCP Release 17.0 Migration Guide' below.
To learn more about the MCP products, see ‘ClearPath MCP Release 17.0 Software Product Catalog’ below.