ClearPath ForwardTM Libra systems offer the widest range of platforms in the industry from laptop to the premium, high-volume ClearPath Forward Libra 8400 systems.
ClearPath® MCP applications and databases can be created and deployed on any MCP-based server without change. Due to the innovative Libra firmware, compatibility is preserved between new and existing systems. Client developed MCP applications and databases may grow over one hundred times and never require rewriting.
"CEDAE is a utility company that supplies water to the 11 million people of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. CEDAE has been a Unisys customer for the past 40 years, developing innovation based on the ClearPath and
Forward! solutions. In one example, we reduced backup time, improved availability, and expanded storage capacity by 20X. This new environment incorporates legacy systems and open-architecture applications, bringing greater convenience to Windows and Linux users."
— Marco Antonio Feijó Abreu, Director of Strategic Projects and Sustainability, CEDAE
Unisys continues to increase the agility of its Libra Servers in a variety of ways:
- Diverse computing workloads
- Flexible buying model
- Popular software standards
- Industry-standard tools, applications, and skill sets
- Automated processes and operations
- Policy-based resource management
- Service Oriented Architecture-based business connectivity.
- Optional support for Linux® or Microsoft® Windows® workloads