Unisys Service Asset and Configuration
Management (SACM) is an enhancement to the service management framework that can help IT support organizations to discover, monitor, manage and report IT assets, their configuration, and their inter-dependencies.
Organizations need to strengthen their service management framework with actionable intelligence into specific areas of the IT landscape. Our Enterprise Service Management portfolio provides insights into three core areas:
- Service Intelligence: Understand the impact of infrastructure components and random events on business services from a support standpoint and from the end user's perspective.
- Application Monitoring: Monitor and manage status of your core applications by improving visibility across the entire portfolio, and spotting potential issues well before your end users do.
- Infrastructure Intelligence: Collect, process, analyze and manage data from your physical and virtual assets to give increased visibility and insights into your applications, infrastructure and their interconnections.
Unisys SACM Services
Strengthening the ITSM Framework to Optimize Support Efforts and Reduce Costs
SACM leverages the strengths of ITSM, Service Desk and Data Center offerings to improve discovery, monitoring and management capabilities.
Unisys offers a complete and accurate picture of your IT assets by utilizing discovery tools to create an IT service map and then turns this map into Configuration Items and store them within your Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Once blind spots in the IT environment are identified, asset rules are created based on your IT environment and business needs. These rules then guide the relationship between the assets, applications, locations and other key data elements. This data then provides detailed information on the asset environment and the asset's health and ultimately the service performance. As a result, issues can be easily identified and service impact can be significantly minimized.
Unisys brings more value through its unique 'Single Pane of Glass' (SPOG) feature that consolidates views from multiple monitoring tools to provide a common operating picture. The availability of additional configuration information in the CMDB enables the SPOG to offer better visibility on assets, their interdependencies and their impact on the IT environment. As a result, support teams can quickly identify the root cause of any problem and effectively deliver a solution. Our services also offer features like validation of change execution, incident prioritization based on business priorities, and advanced error location.
Unisys SACM provides a proactive service management approach which:
- Offers a complete service view of your entire enterprise - physical, virtual, software and hardware
- Takes into account your IT assets - including your application configurations
- Outlines the connection between devices, applications and incidents in your IT environment and creates a single source of truth in the CMDB
- Offers an overall picture of your IT environment that can showcase how an incident could impact the rest of the IT environment