So what are some of your headaches?
- Are you being asked to do more with less?
- Automate the time consuming tasks requiring specialized skills?
- Ensure operations can continue while dealing with lack of trained IT resources (aging demographic)?
- Capture an auditable log of the entire datacenter?
- Optimize IT through automated asset management?
- Do more with less?
- Ensure that your IT organization is making the best use of existing resources?
- See the status of entire datacenter through a single dashboard?
Data centers today manage an increasingly complex infrastructure of applications, platforms, servers, server farms, storage, and other equipment that constantly require an increasing number of resources and special skills. In the face of a challenging economic climate, IT budgets are shrinking and forcing IT managers to cut costs throughout the data centers and evaluate their existing IT architecture.
Mergers and acquisitions are a common practice in the current market dynamics. While companies benefit from increased market share and market synergy, IT departments struggle with the associated multi-vendor and multi-platform heterogeneous IT environments. Virtualization and cloud computing are posing new challenges and organizations are increasingly seeking techniques to automate, optimize, and streamline the management of their current data centers. They need to eliminate or reduce the risk of human errors by automating complex procedures and repetitive tasks.
Whatever the business problem, business growth is dictated by the IT department’s ability to provide highly available and optimized IT infrastructure that can quickly adapt to changes and identify potential risks.
As a fully featured datacenter manager Operations Sentinel goes beyond server management to simplify the operations complexity of your enterprise-wide IT infrastructure. The result is a streamlined process that reduces your total cost of ownership for both Unisys and other vendor products.
Operations Sentinel provides superior service quality to Unisys and non-Unisys systems at a reduced cost with the following benefits:
- Automating, consolidating, access, monitoring, and managing multiple heterogeneous systems and applications
- Providing a single point of operation for the entire IT infrastructure • Facilitating “anytime, anywhere” remote operations
- Automating the handling of abnormal conditions from a single application error to full disaster recovery
- Lowering operations and support costs through automation and end-to-end simplification
- Managing mission-critical environments
You can use Operations Sentinel to centrally operate:
- multiple Unisys ClearPath Dorado and Libra servers
- Unisys Enterprise Servers
- Microsoft Windows
- proprietary and open UNIX and Linux systems from Oracle, IBM, HP. CentOS, Enterprise Red Hat Linux – and more.
Operations Sentinel possesses the capability to merge into existing IT environments running EMC, DSI, SMA OpCon, SightLine, TeamQuest, HP OpenView, Net IQ AppManager, CA Unicenter, IBM Tivoli, BMC Remedy, and many more solutions.
Operations Sentinel is a client-server application. The server component runs on Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 (Standard Edition or higher). The client, also known as the Operations Sentinel Console, runs on Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1.
Together these components enable users to monitor the state of all connected systems, recognize and respond to exception conditions, and assume control of any system, either local or remote. Operations Sentinel reduces the human interaction required to run each system, focuses the operator’s attention on key events, and enables one operator to effectively control the network of systems.
Download a Free Evaluation Copy of Unisys Operations Sentinel
For a limited time, an evaluation copy of this software is
available for download.