A comprehensive Software Configuration Management (SCM) and Version Control solution for developers of 3GL business applications for ClearPath OS 2200 Series systems. CMplus helps your organization to safely and effectively manage the thousands of OS 2200-based components that make up your 3GL business applications. CMplus provides a secure environment while allowing one to build, test, maintain, and deploy business applications in an automated manner. Used internally for years by Unisys to satisfy mission critical contracts, CMplus, from a risk management perspective, has a direct impact satisfying security, disaster recovery, technical resource retention, auditing requirements, and quality assurance issues.
- Lowest total cost of ownership, easy-to-use, most flexible solution on the market
- Can successfully handle OS 2200 3GL applications regardless of when written
- Designed using industry “best practices” specifically for the OS 2200 architecture as CMplus leverages these strengths in automating business application development
- Automatic generation of any clients 3GL business applications
- Identifies lost source code before application modernization occurs
- Automatic deployment of a generated business application to a target OS 2200 system
- Provides Application Level Disaster Recovery which is unique in the industry
- Provides for CMplus system replication to give client’s a powerful multiple development/test capability
- Interfaces with modern desktop solutions like Eclipse
- An optional Web-based interface solution called “CMplus Webstation” that provides a modern “point and click” interface into each CMplus system deployed.
The Five Essential Functions of CMplus
There are five functions comprise CMplus and these functions give a customer complete control over the application development lifecycle.
Program Developer function provides a robust environment for application development and maintenance.
Application Baseline Management allows the CMplus Administrator to collect all the "objects" that comprise a business application together into one complete system.
Source Control is the foundation that CMplus is built upon to control and manage a customer's Unisys business source code.
CMplus Administrator uses CMplus as a capability to manage a small, medium or large object environment.
Application Transfer in CMplus supports both the centralized and decentralized Configuration Management Models. This feature allows a customer to configure what Unisys system software capability a business application is using.