Locum Safe & Secure centralizes and simplifies security administration of Userdatafile, COMS CFILE and Security Policy Options, while offering, through the integrated AdminDesk GUI, a wide range of tools including extensive inquiry and search facilities.
Key features of Locum Safe & Secure include:
- Safe & Secure implements Password Aging, which can be applied to both Usercodes and Accesscodes. Accesscode aging allows full synchronization of the password across all owning usercodes.
- Extensive Password Control and Validation options allow an administrator to define exactly how aging will work on the system. The strength of passwords that users select can be controlled. Various options are available to disallow certain passwords, for example, passwords containing usercode names can be automatically disallowed.
- The User Verification feature is a secret mechanism, whereby a security question and answer is stored in the user’s definition.
- Station Lockout and/or User Lockout can be enforced when a user reaches the set Maximum Logon Attempts.
- Session Limits allow extra control over active user sessions. The administrator can view all active sessions on the system, and if required, terminate unwanted ones.
- The Controlled Usercode feature allows emergency usercodes to be configured in case of the eventuality that emergency access is required.
- Implements Logon Investigation capabilities.
- Safe & Secure implements the ability to delegate Administrator Rights, using objects and permissions to create sub-administrator status. For example, specific administrators may only be designated permissions to reset passwords and reactivate users.
- The implementation of Regimes means the user population may be partitioned to allow a Regime Administrator to control only his own users.
- System Command Authorization allows the administrator to give a unique and specific command list to individual users, instead of assigning full privileges.
- The implementation of Profiles allows simple creation of new user accounts and modification of existing ones.
- The Template implementation allows the grouping of users by roles.
- The Zonal Update feature provides simultaneous Userdatafile and CFILE update capability across multiple ClearPath MCP servers.
To obtain an evaluation license key for Locum Safe & Secure, contact your Unisys account manager or email
Tutorials and Getting Started Guides
Locum RealTime Monitor |
Locum SafeSurvey |
Locum SecureAudit | Locum Safe and Secure