ClearPath MCP software provides a world-renowned integrated software stack designed to help organizations compete at the highest level. ClearPath MCP Release 18.0 is the latest release of this operating environment. It builds on the rich functionality available in MCP 17.0 and introduces important new capabilities designed to help your applications scale to support business growth, address your organization’s security requirements, and provide expanded integration and interoperability.
MCP 18.0 highlights include:
- Applications that transfer large quantities of data will benefit from re-architected
TCP/IP software that is designed to provide dramatically increased TCP/IP and BNA performance.
Remote Database Backup (RDB) can use TCP/IP as an alternative to BNA and take advantage of the TCP/IP performance improvements.
dbaTOOLS Analyzer database administration product developed by partner Stewart DataTech has a new database status check facility that scans all recent database snapshots looking for LimitErrors (dataset, set, file size, and levels) and displays or reports the results.
- The new Database Encryption product is designed to protect sensitive data in Enterprise Database Server (DMSII) databases and help you address audit, regulator y and privacy requirements. Data items that contain sensitive data such as personal identifying data can be encrypted in database files, memory, audit files, and dump files (memory and program). Encryption and decryption are transparent to applications which avoids the need for application changes. However recompilation is needed because encryption changes the sizes of data items.
Secure Shell (SSH) for ClearPath MCP product supports new AES encryption algorithms, provides additional SSH FTP (SFTP) interoperability, and enables applications to use SSH to securely send commands to other computers.
- Several products including
Client Access Services and
FTP provide improved traceability by logging certain security-relevant activities.
- The 360 degree security tool set developed by partner
Locum Software has several enhancements designed to help mitigate security gaps that can be exposed by audits. New reports are available for Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, Client Access Services, port connections, and DMSII transactions. Locum Safe & Secure provides a new forgotten password facility so end users can request password resets.
Integration and Interoperability
Operations Sentinel 16.0 is part of MCP 18.0. It provides increased interoperability with other systems management tools by sending SNMP traps when alerts are detected. Operations Sentinel can monitor the latest ClearPath Forward ePortal appliances alongside other ClearPath server components.
Enterprise Output Manager (EOM) 13.0 is part of MCP 18.0. It includes Unisys Mobile EOM that enables you to access and print files from mobile devices. EOM integration with enterprise content management (ECM) solutions such as Unisys InfoImage enables ECM solutions to access files managed by EOM.
EOM 13.0 Web Assistant offers new application integration and Web page customization capabilities.
Security Support library has a “hot swap” capability that is intended to improve application availability to end users. Security Support can be updated (replaced) without having to restart all message control systems (MCSs) such as the Transaction Server that are linked to it.
For additional information about these and other MCP 18.0 features please consult the Software Release Announcement and the Product Documentation Library.
ClearPath MCP Release 18.0 is an integrated release of over 125 products that have been designed, developed, and tested together. Moving to MCP 18.0 will help your organization achieve these benefits and more:
- Significantly improved networking throughput
- Expanded transaction processing capabilities
- New and updated products designed to help protect sensitive data, including data in DMSII databases, from unauthorized access and tampering
- Automation of audit and regulatory compliance activities
Integration and Interoperability
- Integrate business processes both within an organization and between organizations by leveraging expanded interoperability
- Reduce requirements for MCP-specific operations skills and related costs through increased automation
You can begin achieving these benefits immediately after installing ClearPath MCP Release 18.0. You may need to license additional software to achieve certain benefits.
To learn more about the release, see 'ClearPath MCP Release 18.0 Software Release Announcement' and 'ClearPath MCP Release 18.0 Migration Guide' below.
To learn more about the MCP products, see ‘ClearPath MCP Release 18.0 Software Product Catalog below.