ClearPath Forward™ ePortal for MCP is a point-and-click Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) enabler that can rapidly extend ClearPath Forward applications to reach new partners, channels, and markets through Mobile, Web or Web Services technologies.
ePortal is characterized by an optimized, application-specific architecture that provides automation at every point in the solution - from development to deployment.
ePortal requires no new incremental skills and can help radically reduce the time and cost of creating expanded solutions. It is designed to accelerate the time-to-market and bring new levels of efficiency to client’s ClearPath Forward infrastructure. With ePortal, clients can use the skills of the marketplace while continuing to leverage ClearPath Forward application investments.
With ePortal, clients can create Web Services with point and click simplicity from existing ClearPath Forward applications to facilitate participation in SOA strategies, with no application changes at dramatically lower costs.
Enterprise Application Environment (EAE) and Agile Business Suite (AB Suite) users can access the unique capabilities of ePortal with the custom generator for Client Tools.
Using the new and innovative Unisys Mobile Hybrid Application Build Service you can combine the mobility extensions of ClearPath Forward applications with the native capabilities of smart device services such as GPS, maps, barcodes, scanning, compass, camera image, and video capture.
ClearPath Forward ePortal enables application developers to automatically deploy, manage, and secure ClearPath Forward applications for Web, mobile devices including smartphones running on iOS, Android, and Windows, and Web services solutions. Using ePortal, application developers can:
- Directly import COBOL source data descriptions
- Capture existing MCP terminal screens
- Import Screen Design Facility (SDF) forms libraries into the ClearPath Forward ePortal environment
- Import EAE and AB Suite ISPECs into ClearPath Forward ePortal Developer
- Replicate ePortal Manager partition and ensure high resiliency for Manager partition
- Monitor ePortal Manager partition through Operations Sentinel
- Build hybrid, mobile apps on iOS 9, Android 6.0 and Windows 10, and create Windows 10 Universal Apps
ePortal automates the solution at every point: from development to deployment.
In addition, ClearPath Forward ePortal requires no new incremental skills and can help radically reduce the cost of creating e-business solutions. ePortal also enables you to monitor how well your system is performing from any place at any time by using the Unisys ClearPath Forward Mobile Monitor available in the Apple Appstore. It is a mobile application that works in conjunction with Workload Management and ePortal for MCP, and runs on the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod Touch® mobile devices.
ePortal contains 3 major components: Developer, Manager and Run-Time.
- ePortal Developer is a plug-in to Visual Studio
- ePortal Manager is a browser based point-and-click management environment which automates processes required for deploying, configuring and managing application solutions residing in the Run-Time
- ePortal Run-Time provides an execution environment for transformed interfaces to modern end-user devices
Unisys Hybrid Mobile Application Build Service
ClearPath Forward ePortal also helps you maximize mobile agility with hybrid apps that integrate your ClearPath Forward applications with the native features of contemporary tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices. With ePortal, you can develop solutions for both mobile devices and desktop platforms using a common, responsive framework, enabling you to accelerate your modernization projects while realizing cost efficiencies.