ClearPath Forward™ ePortal for OS 2200 is a point-and-click Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) enabler that can rapidly extend ClearPath Forward applications to reach new partners, channels, and markets through Mobile, Web or Web Services technologies.
ePortal is characterized by an optimized, application-specific architecture that provides automation at every point in the solution - from development to deployment.
ePortal requires no new incremental skills and can help radically reduce the time and cost of creating expanded solutions. It is designed to accelerate the time-to-market and bring new levels of efficiency to client’s ClearPath Forward infrastructure. With ePortal, clients can use the skills of the marketplace while continuing to leverage ClearPath Forward application investments.
With ePortal, clients can create Web Services with point and click simplicity from existing ClearPath Forward applications to facilitate participation in SOA strategies, with no application changes at dramatically lower costs.
Using the new and innovative
Unisys Mobile Hybrid Application Build Service you can combine the mobility extensions of ClearPath Forward applications with the native capabilities of smart device services such as GPS, maps, barcodes, scanning, compass, camera image and video capture.
ClearPath Forward ePortal for OS 2200 enables application developers to automatically deploy, manage, and secure access to ClearPath Forward applications via Web browsers, mobile devices including smartphones running on iOS, Android and Windows, and tablets, and as Web services. Using ePortal, application developers can:
- Directly import application source descriptions of TIP and HVTIP transactions
- Import View Definition file for OpenDTP transactions
- Import DPS screens
- Generate modern end-user interfaces for web and mobile access
- ClearPath Forward ePortal automates the solution at every point: from development to deployment
- Import terminal screens
- Replicate ePortal Manager partition and ensure high resiliency for Manager partition
- Monitor ePortal Manager partition through Operations Sentinel
- Build hybrid, mobile apps on iOS, Android and Windows, and create Windows 10 Universal Apps
ePortal requires no new incremental skills and can help radically reduce the cost of creating e-business solutions. ePortal contains 3 major components: Developer, Manager, and Run-Time.
- ePortal Developer is a plug-in to Visual Studio
- ePortal Manager is a browser based point-and-click management environment which automates processes required for deploying, configuring and managing application solutions
- ePortal Run-Time provides an execution environment for transformed interfaces to modern end-user devices
Unisys Hybrid App Build Service
ClearPath Forward ePortal also helps you maximize mobile agility with hybrid apps that integrate your ClearPath Forward applications with the native features of contemporary tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices. With ePortal, you can develop solutions for both mobile devices and desktop platforms using a common, responsive framework, enabling you to accelerate your modernization projects while realizing cost efficiencies.