In today’s business environment, organizations face countless challenges such as managing increasing IT costs, non-scalable IT infrastructures, and complex application environments. In addition, social, mobile and cloud are only adding layers of complexity to the way IT designs and delivers services. In order to fully cope with the fallouts of these disruptive trends, organizations need a mechanism to identify those business services and workloads that can run on specific platforms while providing the most efficient and cost-optimized results.
Most organizations encounter difficulties in understanding the best fit destination for their workloads as it requires a highly automated and disciplined approach that performs a thorough, metrics-based analysis of existing workloads. Unisys helps you build a strategy that can accelerate workload migration, reduce risk with minimum modification to workloads, and increase your business value.
Intelligent Application Alignment Service (IAA) is a packaged service that performs comprehensive discovery, decomposition, and data enrichment of workload characteristics which enables a reliable approach to determine a “best fit” destination. We put in place an actionable strategy for organizations looking to efficiently migrate workloads to an optimal delivery model (i.e. cloud, public or private).
The result is an intuitive roadmap that accelerates migrations either passively through manual efforts or actively by leveraging integrated automation capabilities that migrate workloads to a fit-for-purpose destination.
- Analyze workloads
- Determine operational characteristics
- Map workloads to delivery models
- Build migration roadmap
- Migrate workloads to a fit-for-purpose destination
Unisys leads our clients on a journey towards a simplified environment that reduces complexity and leverages existing infrastructure with new delivery models to provide a single view into IT services.
- Workload and Environment Discovery – Includes identification of business processes, business rules, workload dependency and discovery mapping and workload analytics.
- Visualization and Maintenance – Imports data, creates visualization baselines and decides schedule for data collection and analysis.
- Business Analysis and IT Assessment – Audits the workloads to be migrated and identifies best migration approaches, best deployment models and maps the workloads to deployment models.
- Proposal Development – Includes project timeline, ROI, costs, project plan, benefit/risk analysis and dependencies of the applications selected for migration.
- Pilot – Migrate a qualified representative of sample application subsystem to the cloud.