New mobile functionality allows Unisys InfoImage users to access, modify, and process critical documents on the go using their Apple iPads
BLUE BELL, Pa., September 18, 2012 – Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced availability of Mobile Work Manager for its InfoImage enterprise content management (ECM) solution. Mobile Work Manager provides real-time access to InfoImage documents, workflow and operational processes from anywhere using an Apple iPad, helping enhance end user productivity and customer service.
With Mobile Work Manager, an organization’s mobile workers can instantly and securely access, retrieve, update, edit, annotate and mark up documents on the go, with seamless integration with centralized workflow and databases.
Common applications of Mobile Work Manager include insurance adjustors who need real-time access to customer documents on location while appraising claims; social workers who need access to case data during in-person claimant visits; and on-the-go managers who need to make fast-cycle decisions and approvals on bids, purchase requisitions and other critical documents.
“For all the advances toward a paperless office over the past twenty years, many businesses and government organizations today continue to rely on paper documents to serve customers and get work done,” said Charles Bisom-Rapp, director, Unisys InfoImage Solutions. “Using our new Mobile Work Manager offering, an organization’s mobile workers can access, work on, submit and process critical digital documents wherever they are. And because it is part of our InfoImage solution, Mobile Work Manager comes with all the sophisticated, robust workflow and security capabilities that Unisys customers have come to expect from our InfoImage solution.”
A Proven Approach to Enterprise Content Management
Mobile Client Manager is the latest enhancement to the Unisys InfoImage ECM solution, which is used by hundreds of organizations around the world to manage their high-volume document imaging and workflow.
Unisys InfoImage software supports any organization looking to significantly improve business processes that are heavily dependent on paper, Web and other electronic documents. The Unisys InfoImage solution captures, manages, stores, and delivers all content required to handle cases, inquiries, and processes, whether data is structured, semi-structured or unstructured – all via a single, integrated user interface.
Key features and benefits of Unisys InfoImage include:
- Enterprise design and performance: The solution is highly scalable and features a high performance transaction processing content management system;
- Flexible input methods: The solution includes Scan Manager to perform high-speed image capture, bar coding and cataloguing of images; XML import and web services; and standard scripts for integrating many leading capture systems;
- Workflow Designer graphically designs, automates and enhances document-centric workflow processes;
- Comprehensive metadata content searching and full-text Indexing provide additional flexibility for managing and accessing unstructured content;
- A variety of storage management interfaces provide an open architecture whereby file system functions can be stored in a standalone disk archive, stored on leading content addressable subsystems or interfaced with hierarchical storage management;
- InfoImage Connector for Microsoft Office SharePoint Server is a bi-directional software utility developed by Unisys in collaboration with Microsoft, melding the power of Unisys InfoImage transaction processing solutions with the collaboration, content, user interface and portals functionality of Office SharePoint Server.
For more information on InfoImage Mobile Work Manager, please visit http://www.unisys.com/unisys/ri/pub/bl/detail.jsp?id=1120000970023710192.
Follow Unisys on Twitter.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 23,000 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world. For more information, visit www.unisys.com.
RELEASE NO: 0918/9131
Unisys is a registered trademark of Unisys Corporation. Any other brands and products referenced herein are acknowledged to be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Jim Kerr, 215-986-5795