Business environments are changing dramatically with the increasing proliferation of consumerized mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Employees and partners expect organizations to provide options of working from anywhere on a device of their choice with access to information they need when they need it. They are also increasingly commingling personal and business tasks on the same device. Customers today want instant access to products and services, and they want nothing less than the ‘complete’ digital experience in anything they do. Many organizations struggle to handle these expectations. They are hindered by standardized IT environments built for cost efficiencies and lack the agility to respond quickly to changing business needs.
Organizations are faced with balancing business demands for mobile flexibility while being able to manage the mobile environment within their existing standardized IT environment. If mobility is implemented without careful planning, organizations risk incomplete security deployments, missed revenue opportunities from introducing new products and services, and erroneous and costly decisions using inefficient business processes.
Unisys Mobility Solutions simplifies enterprise mobility with an integrated end-to-end mobile solution. We focus not only on the technology, but also on the users. Our People Computing approach, designed to maximize the utility of any mobile solution, sets Unisys apart. Our entire Mobility solution set is designed to make business, employees, and customers more effective by enabling businesses to:
Gain Insights and Control
Business and operational insights help you securely manage mobile resources while identifying areas of inefficiencies and opportunities.
Improve productivity and efficiency through enabling mobile access to existing enterprise or new applications designed to improve employee productivity or increase customer engagement.
Be Enterprise Agile
Meet the demands of the mobile enterprise with reliable, secure, and agile processes and resources that support the growth and demands of the mobile business environment.
Unisys’ Mobility solutions enable clients to achieve organizational value by:
- Delivering industry-standard centralized outsourcing services for mobile environments.
- Focusing on enabling legacy, primary system interfaces on latest device technology.
- Securing the user, applications and data, not just the device, with user authentication and biometric solutions, mobile application management technology and data isolation.
- Re-engineering standardized IT infrastructure from a less secure to a tiered, agile environment.
The user is at the heart of our solution. We work with you to ensure that the right people access the right information, at right time, and at the right location.
Unisys offers a comprehensive suite of mobility solutions that address mobility needs from the perspective of business processes, infrastructure, applications and the end-users.
Our integrated mobile solutions include:
Mobile Environment Management is our terminology for a more holistic management approach, including both devices (MDM) and applications (MAM). Our key capabilities include:
- Mobile Device Management for all OSs including iOS, Android, Win8, BB
- Mobile Application Management
- Mobile Lifecycle Management
- Mobile End User Support, Monitoring and Enablement
- Mobile Content Management
- Mobile Telecom Expense Management
Unisys is also an authorized service provider including Apple, enabling us to provide our customers with:
- Full warranty services
- Desk-side support option for Device and Configuration issues
- Install, move, add and de-install (IMACD) on-site support services when needed
Mobile Application Development represents cost-effective and high-quality mobile application development and integration services we provide to our customers. These services take advantage of advanced technologies and security built-in approaches designed to ensure continuity, high performance, and ease of maintenance. Our key capabilities include:
- Native iOS, Android, Win8
- HTML5 & Cross Platform
- Mobile AppStore Setup and Management
- Mobile Application Life-Cycle Management
- Unisys ePortal – HTML5 mobile app creation infrastructures running on our ClearPath systems
Mobile Infrastructure represents services we provide to enable our customer's mobile environment through cloud or on-premise infrastructures. Our goal is to ensure our customer's infrastructure is able to adjust and adapts to change in demands, to provide the secure sharing of files and documents across environments, and to provide access to modern apps designed for the evolving workplace. Our key capabilities include:
- Cloud Setup and Management
- On-Premise / Data Center Setup and Management
- SaaS Integration including Office 365 and Google Apps
- Secure Cloud Storage
Mobile Security represents our approach to provide our customer's mobile environment with greater security, lower risk using a more holistic security approach for the enterprise. We help our customers move away from risk-laden BYOT, to better governance and risk management by focusing on four key dimensions of security: user, device, apps and data. Our key capabilities include:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (including Biometric Authentication)
- VPN Setup
- App Wrapping
- User, Device, App and Data Security services
Mobile Assessments and Consulting represents services designed to provide our customers with a better mobile strategy to succeed in a mobile environment that has become very fragmented and comprised of disparate systems by putting them back into the driver’s seat. Our key capabilities include:
- Innovation Workshops
- Assessment and Strategy Consulting
- Process Transformation
- Governance and policies
- Mobile User Role Definition
Protecting sensitive data and IP is critical to your business, your customers, and your reputation. That is why data, network, cloud, and mobile security are top of mind for executives across practically every industry. The evidence of headline-grabbing breaches is mounting—perimeter security defenses are crumbling. Under the weight of these attacks, executives are asking ‘How can I protect my most critical, sensitive data, and networks?’
Eliminate the Threat Before It Becomes One – Go Virtually Invisible
Unisys Stealth™ is an innovative, software-based security solution that:
- Conceals communication endpoints making them undetectable to all unauthorized parties inside and outside the enterprise
- Implements with no disruption to your existing IT infrastructure, it merely rests on top
- Tightens access control by basing it on user identity and not physical devices, so security moves with the user and is easier to manage
- Protects sensitive data in motion from potential compromise through encryption
- Reduces costs by allowing you to consolidate and virtualize networks, servers, and cloud architectures
- Supports regulatory compliance such as PCI and other requirements that are drawing resources away from your core business and mission focus
- Strengthens agility so you can quickly and easily adapt to meet emerging business and mission requirements
- Helps executives future-proof their security investments by aligning with enterprise transformation trends
|Stealth for Mobile;Security Solutions|
Disruptive IT Trends CyberSecurity
By having a logical framework for understanding cyber security, and the major domains it represents, enterprises can implement their cyber strategies and develop specific plans tailored for each domain. The challenge is far broader than simply addressing one issue such as securing mobile devices or securing cloud computing environments. It is about developing a comprehensive mission critical strategy and logical framework to address all of these inter-related trends.
|Unisys Solution Family|
|Stealth for Mobile|
Unisys StealthTM for Mobile enables authenticated and secure access to application processing environments in the data center from mobile applications. With Unisys Stealth for Mobile, security starts in the data center and extends to mobile devices. It leverages application wrapping software that encrypts data-in-motion from the mobile app across the Internet – securing it from hackers and eavesdroppers. Benefits include:
- Helps secure the most critical assets in the data center from threats introduced by mobile devices.
- End-users are quickly authenticated into Stealth Communities of Interest with no adverse impact on the user experience.
- Enables even more fine-grained security to be applied to your application users.
- Fosters quicker implementation of mobile initiatives - application developers don’t need to become security experts or keep up with ever-changing security protocols.
- Supports BYOD environments - it does not require an entire device to be secured; personal data or applications on the mobile device are undisturbed.
Unisys Stealth for Mobile secures the entire data path by protecting critical servers and virtual machines with Data Center Segmentation, connecting authenticated mobile users into secure Communities of Interest, and wrapping applications on the mobile device.
|Stealth for Mobile|
Disruptive IT Trends Cloud Computing
Cloud computing should be a strategic area of focus for CIOs and senior business leaders. This is due to the overwhelming agility and economic advantages of this new IT delivery model that touches nearly every aspect of IT. A common framework is essential for all IT service delivery models. It includes cloud, which addresses governance, security, integration, processes, policies, applications, and architecture within the context of three core areas: Applications, Data Centers, and Management.
|Unisys Solution Family|
Disruptive IT Trends Social Computing
Social computing is an important strategic platform for increasing workplace collaboration and knowledge management. It is also a platform for modernizing enterprise applications to connect collaboration with business processes and transactions. The benefit is tangible productivity gains and customer value. Addressing both parts of this equation – social-enabling “horizontal” strategic knowledge management functions and “vertical” mission critical business applications – is key to unlocking the full potential of social computing in the enterprise.
|Unisys Solution Family|
|Private Cloud Services|
Cloud-based computing necessitates shifting from a traditional to a hybrid IT infrastructure. This requires the right skills, resources, and operating procedures to automate provisioning and meet business, IT, and user demands. Despite the clear business advantages, many organizations hesitate to embrace cloud solutions because of significant concerns about protecting proprietary data from security breaches.
"Unisys provided thought leadership to identify the solution which meets the performance targets and the price point required to satisfy the budget saving targets in the Public Sector."
— Peter Clarke, Isle of Man Chief Technology Officer
Unisys Private Cloud Services provides a flexible computing environment consisting of both virtual and physical servers in either a shared or non-shared (private) cloud for customers who require server capacity on a subscription basis. Under these services we configure, operate, monitor, and maintain all network, server, and storage hardware underpinning the offering. We also provide a library of Operating Systems (OS) and middleware software that your clients can choose to develop and run their applications.
Additionally, each client is provided a self-service portal to allow them to enter requests for service, search knowledge databases, self-provision the computing environment, view information about their infrastructure, and enable or disable monitoring. Unisys Private Cloud transforms data center operations into an agile, efficient, and highly-automated infrastructure service center for your mission critical applications and systems.
|Private Cloud Services|
Disruptive IT Trends Big Data
Smart computing is all about utilizing the incredible processing power of today’s computing environments. Smart computing optimizes business decisions in real time and converts the ever-growing flood of data into both meaningful information and actionable intelligence. The strategic significance of smart computing in today’s globally-connected business environment is compelling. By 2015, there will be more interconnected devices on the planet than humans. The issue is broader than simply a storage issue around “big data”. What’s required is intelligent data analytics that can interpret data streams in real-time and make appropriate and automated business decisions.
|Unisys Solution Family|
Disruptive IT Trends Mobility
Employees have been at the heart of the mobility revolution. They have been blending personal, and business technology to make themselves more productive. This “Consumerization of IT” struck at the heart of every standardized, built-for-cost enterprise infrastructure. Now, increasingly we see enterprises taking back control over mobility as a core part of their business and IT strategies to drive revenue, enhance customer engagement, and be more competitive. However, some are more successful than others in taking advantage of the opportunities mobility creates. Who are these Mobile Trendsetters and what are they doing to get ahead and stay ahead? What can your organization learn from them about strategy, policy and governance to avoid falling into the Mobile Void? What business benefits do these Trendsetters achieve through a mature approach to mobility?
|Unisys Solution Family|
|Enterprise Systems Management|
Enterprise Systems Management (ESM) is a turnkey and integrated set of ITIL-based service management offerings. These capabilities provide advanced monitoring, remote management, and automated support for a range of enterprise systems including: applications, data centers, cloud, laptops, printers, workstations, network devices, servers, storage devices, and mainframes.
ESM is designed to drive business results, and is managed through a single view of service performance across the IT estate. ESM provides you with core IT operations capabilities such as: application performance monitoring, network monitoring, event management and notification, availability, and capacity management. The offering completes the lifecycle by delivering turnkey service management functions such as major incident, service impact, problem management, IT asset lifecycle management, and security information and event management (SIEM).
|Enterprise Systems Management|
|Cloud Advisory Services |
Cloud Advisory Services provide strategic and financial guidance on aligning IT to business objectives. This starts with a roadmap that outlines the vision of a hybrid enterprise based on a combination of existing data center, internal cloud, and external cloud resources to provide agility, flexibility, and control.
"Based on the study Unisys conducted and the advice they provided, we were able to confidently select a cost-effective email solution using cloud technology. Unisys provided valuable expertise in addressing executive team concerns and building confidence for the subsequent migration."
— Allan Steele, VP/CIO DART
Unisys provides the following types of advisory services:
- IT Strategy Service to help clients develop their IT infrastructure and operations strategy based on their business objectives and provide a roadmap to get to hybrid enterprise vision.
- Data Center Strategy Service to help clients develop their data center strategy based on their business requirements, technology trends, total cost of ownership, and realization models (e.g. own, lease, or outsource).
- Feasibility Analysis Service to help choose the right approach (e.g. transformation of their existing data centers, or deploying internal cloud, or moving business workloads to public cloud).
- Value Assessment Services to develop a business case that can stand the scrutiny of CFO.
|Cloud Advisory Services|
|Ensemble Unified Communications|
Today, many organizations are saying goodbye to their aging installed base of PBXs in favor of moving to enterprise voice with Microsoft Lync. However, once the transition has been made, navigating the breadth of the Lync ecosystem can be an even larger challenge.
The typical makeup of a Lync solution requires multiple hardware and solution partners. In many cases each component requires a different vendor, and support for each component is maintained separately.
Ensemble Unified Communications (UC) by Unisys helps remove these challenges that are faced when deploying and managing Lync.
Ensemble UC by Unisys allows an enterprise to leverage a single vendor for their Lync solution. With an end-to-end solution comprised of Microsoft-certified components, Unisys can help implement a Lync configuration that gives you the benefit of the highest possible service level agreement (SLA).
With a simplified management model you can be confident in your Lync solution delivery results. Multiple vendors inevitably leave gaps in service and support.
Ensemble gives you a single point of contact for all service and support requirements. Let Unisys orchestrate it all for you.
A fully managed UC solution
Unisys offers comprehensive end-to-end IT capabilities to lead you through the transformation to unified communications. Our approach is analytical and based on practical hands-on experience and sound business practices.
Ensemble Assessment and Advisory Services are always centered on your best interests. At Unisys, we are technology independent. These services take advantage of your current technology with strategic re-configurations that can potentially help you save on initial capital expenditures.
Ensemble Delivery Services approach is flexible with a customized deployment plan based on your needs. Ensemble can be delivered in the cloud, on premise, or in a hybrid environment.
Ensemble Management and Support Services centralizes support, management, and reporting to meet service level agreements.
At Unisys, we want you to experience the full benefit of Lync – easily and cost effectively.
|Ensemble Unified Communications|
|Service Management;Infrastructure Services|
|Enterprise Social Business Transformation Solutions|
Today, more than 72% of companies are tapping into the power of social technologies to improve knowledge sharing and collaboration, enhance employee learning and development, drive innovation, and connect better with a new generation of customers, partners and other stakeholders. Companies that are quick to adopt the use of these technologies will gain competitive advantage, and position themselves to attract and retain top talent within the emerging workforce.
The Unisys Unified Social Business service offering is tailored to your specific company needs, available resources and where you are in your transformation journey. Whether you are just getting started or looking to reinvigorate your current initiative our team of experienced social business experts can help you achieve success. We are a world-class provider of holistic, integrated social business capabilities. When you partner with us we will help you differentiate your products, improve your efficiency, and delight your stakeholders, clients, prospects, and colleagues.
Unified Social Business takes a holistic approach to developing and implementing world-class social business capabilities. Our service portfolio incorporates strategy, leadership and stakeholder alignment, culture and employee engagement, education and training, technical architecture, data analytics, process integration and communications and change components required to drive game changing social business capabilities in your organization.
We offer end-to-end services tailored to the state of your current implementation and the skills and resources available internally. Our overall approach to an Enterprise Social Business transformation consists of four phases:
- We Diagnose your social business transformation plans to identify and address key risks to successful deployment and organizational adoption
- We Advise on the critical decisions and program elements which impact your ability to deliver value from social business
- We Deliver the capabilities through an experienced, global team of Unisys professionals and partnerships with leading enterprise social business partners around the world
- We Manage your end-state enterprise social business platform, whether you need a best-in-class knowledge management organization, resources to manage your unified communications, or end-to-end capability support
|Enterprise Social Business Transformation|