Unisys Stealth for Transportation
Highly sensitive airline industry information requires extreme security. Airline executives and airport directors know this – and so do their customers and partners. Unisys Stealth™ is a leading-edge software security innovation that makes data communication endpoints undetectable on a network, thereby helping to eliminate them as targets for hackers. Stealth’s identity-based solution makes communication endpoints “dark” by allowing communications only to authorized members with a defined community of interest such as an airport shared infrastructure or among partners of an airline alliance. Learn how leading airline industry executives are leveraging Stealth to cost-effectively protect their information.
|Unisys Solution Family|
|Unisys Cloud Solutions |
Unisys Cloud Solutions for Transportation
Airlines and airports have thousands of applications accessed by hundreds of customers every day. These applications vary from booking a flight and managing airport gates to reconciling baggage. With the millions of transactions per day, airline CEOs and airport directors are challenged to manage capacity and still maintain excellent service efficiency. The cloud sets a new flight plan for how passengers and employees access applications, data, and services. Unisys Cloud Solutions strategy provides the roadmap, advisory services, and tools to help airline CEO’s and airport directors gain more visibility into their infrastructure, gain greater efficiencies, and achieve all of this with the highest confidence of a secure IT environment.
|Unisys Solution Family|
|Mobility by Unisys|
Mobility for Transportation
Mobile technology is at the forefront of redefining the future travel experience. Along with passport and driver’s license, the mobile phone is the standard accessory for passenger travel. With 70% of passengers carrying a smartphone, it’s the ideal medium to engage and process passengers to provide them with information at the right time and location to reduce the stress of travel, and to increase ancillary and non-aeronautical - food, beverage and retail - revenues. Unisys Mobility Solutions simplify mobility across the entire transportation value chain. Our integrated solution is engineered to make transportation staff more effective, enhance the passenger experience, and ensure the security of mobile applications.
|Unisys Solution Family|
Business environments are changing dramatically with the increasing proliferation of consumerized mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. Employees and partners expect organizations to provide options of working from anywhere on a device of their choice with access to information they need when they need it. They are also increasingly commingling personal and business tasks on the same device. Customers today want instant access to products and services, and they want nothing less than the ‘complete’ digital experience in anything they do. Many organizations struggle to handle these expectations. They are hindered by standardized IT environments built for cost efficiencies and lack the agility to respond quickly to changing business needs.
Organizations are faced with balancing business demands for mobile flexibility while being able to manage the mobile environment within their existing standardized IT environment. If mobility is implemented without careful planning, organizations risk incomplete security deployments, missed revenue opportunities from introducing new products and services, and erroneous and costly decisions using inefficient business processes.
Unisys Mobility Solutions simplifies enterprise mobility with an integrated end-to-end mobile solution. We focus not only on the technology, but also on the users. Our People Computing approach, designed to maximize the utility of any mobile solution, sets Unisys apart. Our entire Mobility solution set is designed to make business, employees, and customers more effective by enabling businesses to:
Gain Insights & Control
Business and operational insights help you securely manage mobile resources while identifying areas of inefficiencies and opportunities.
Improve productivity and efficiency through enabling mobile access to existing enterprise or new applications designed to improve employee productivity or increase customer engagement.
Be Enterprise Agile
Meet the demands of the mobile enterprise with reliable, secure, and agile processes and resources that support the growth and demands of the mobile business environment.
Unisys’ Mobility solutions enable clients to achieve organizational value by:
- Delivering industry-standard centralized outsourcing services for mobile environments.
- Focusing on enabling legacy, primary system interfaces on latest device technology.
- Securing the user, applications and data, not just the device, with user authentication and biometric solutions, mobile application management technology and data isolation.
- Re-engineering standardized IT infrastructure from a less secure to a tiered, agile environment.
The user is at the heart of our solution. We work with you to ensure that the right people access the right information, at right time, and at the right location.
Unisys offers a comprehensive suite of mobility solutions that address mobility needs from the perspective of business processes, infrastructure, applications and the end-users.
Our integrated mobile solutions include:
Mobile Environment Management is our terminology for a more holistic management approach, including both devices (MDM) and applications (MAM). Our key capabilities include:
- Mobile Device Management for all OSs including iOS, Android, Win8, BB
- Mobile Application Management
- Mobile Lifecycle Management
- Mobile End User Support, Monitoring and Enablement
- Mobile Content Management
- Mobile Telecom Expense Management
Unisys is also an authorized service provider including Apple, enabling us to provide our customers with:
- Full warranty services
- Desk-side support option for Device and Configuration issues
- Install, move, add and de-install (IMACD) on-site support services when needed
Mobile Application Development represents cost-effective and high-quality mobile application development and integration services we provide to our customers. These services take advantage of advanced technologies and security built-in approaches designed to ensure continuity, high performance, and ease of maintenance. Our key capabilities include:
- Native iOS, Android, Win8
- HTML5 & Cross Platform
- Mobile AppStore Setup and Management
- Mobile Application Life-Cycle Management
- Unisys ePortal – HTML5 mobile app creation infrastructures running on our ClearPath systems
Mobile Infrastructure represents services we provide to enable our customer's mobile environment through cloud or on-premise infrastructures. Our goal is to ensure our customer's infrastructure is able to adjust and adapts to change in demands, to provide the secure sharing of files and documents across environments, and to provide access to modern apps designed for the evolving workplace. Our key capabilities include:
- Cloud Setup and Management
- On-Premise / Data Center Setup and Management
- SaaS Integration including Office 365 and Google Apps
- Secure Cloud Storage
Mobile Security represents our approach to provide our customer's mobile environment with greater security, lower risk using a more holistic security approach for the enterprise. We help our customers move away from risk-laden BYOT, to better governance and risk management by focusing on four key dimensions of security: user, device, apps and data. Our key capabilities include:
- Multi-Factor Authentication (including Biometric Authentication)
- VPN Setup
- App Wrapping
- User, Device, App and Data Security services
Mobile Assessments and Consulting represents services designed to provide our customers with a better mobile strategy to succeed in a mobile environment that has become very fragmented and comprised of disparate systems by putting them back into the driver’s seat. Our key capabilities include:
- Innovation Workshops
- Assessment and Strategy Consulting
- Process Transformation
- Governance and policies
- Mobile User Role Definition
|Cloud Advisory Services |
Cloud Advisory Services provide strategic and financial guidance on aligning IT to business objectives. This starts with a roadmap that outlines the vision of a hybrid enterprise based on a combination of existing data center, internal cloud, and external cloud resources to provide agility, flexibility, and control.
"Based on the study Unisys conducted and the advice they provided, we were able to confidently select a cost-effective email solution using cloud technology. Unisys provided valuable expertise in addressing executive team concerns and building confidence for the subsequent migration."
— Allan Steele, VP/CIO DART
Unisys provides the following types of advisory services:
- IT Strategy Service to help clients develop their IT infrastructure and operations strategy based on their business objectives and provide a roadmap to get to hybrid enterprise vision.
- Data Center Strategy Service to help clients develop their data center strategy based on their business requirements, technology trends, total cost of ownership, and realization models (e.g. own, lease, or outsource).
- Feasibility Analysis Service to help choose the right approach (e.g. transformation of their existing data centers, or deploying internal cloud, or moving business workloads to public cloud).
- Value Assessment Services to develop a business case that can stand the scrutiny of CFO.
|Cloud Advisory Services|
While the pressure to adopt cloud is intense, adopting cloud haphazardly could be detrimental. There are persistent concerns around security, compliance, regulations, and cost. There are also unprecedented implementation challenges including:
- the “cloud-in-a-corner” syndrome;
- higher levels of risk in migrating to cloud; and
- project failures and budget overruns.
The cloud is not a place to figure it out as you go.
Unisys CloudBuild Services enables organizations to successfully build cloud that is integrated into the overall business process, transforming their existing infrastructure into an agile IT-as-a-service model. Unisys “8-Tracks” model, a 360-degree cloud view approach, covers eight critical data center domains. Together with ConOps, which includes industry best practices, Unisys ensures that your cloud infrastructure meets the security, regulatory and compliance requirements enabling us to deliver the most secure and reliable cloud in the market place.
|Stealth for Network Security|
Unisys StealthTM secures data-in-motion and controls the information sharing within or across networks by employing an innovative data cloaking technique – all while vastly simplifying the infrastructure. Stealth assures security by transforming information using FIPS140-2 certified AES-256 encryption integrated with a new cryptographic data-dispersal algorithm that spreads data across the fabric of the network.
Stealth for Network Security has been through the National Security Agency's Common Criteria process and received EAL-4+ certification as a multi-domain network software solution for protection of data-in-motion across any network - private or public - qualifying Stealth to protect up to secret defense-level or sensitive industry information to support your mission critical requirements.
Here’s what Stealth for Network Security can do:
- Render communication endpoints undetectable and secure across any private or public network
- Secure virtualization of communities of interest (COI) based on security privileges allowing multiple COIs to coexist on a single physical infrastructure
- Deliver superior cyber defense resulting from Stealth’s ability to cloak networks from outsiders
- Reduce infrastructure and cost by reducing the need for multiple, separate physical networks for each COI
- Work with the existing security, identity management and IT infrastructure without a costly redesign
Stealth for Data Center Segmentation
Enterprise data centers have evolved over the last decade following innovations in server virtualization and consumerization of IT. Today's security reality presents a critical need to restrict access to certain assets, specifically the servers executing strategic applications and housing the most sensitive data.
The traditional tiered network architecture accomplishes critical server and database security by physical network separation from other data center assets. Flat networks are more flexible and easier to administer, but any system on the network can access any other system.
Unisys StealthTM provides a superior solution to either configuration. Separation of critical servers and databases is achieved by using software to virtualize the network and create secure groups we call Communities of Interest (COI). Far less network equipment is required and on already flat networks, Stealth compartmentalizes the servers with COI; systems in different COI cannot communicate with each other. The result is cost efficiencies with much greater protection.
Companies looking to multiple geographies for new business opportunities are exposed to new security challenges. Confidentiality requirements may necessitate that systems at geographically dispersed centers be kept separate from the corporate data center. However, some regional access to the enterprise data center is required.
Unisys StealthTM is designed to provide a solution to the regional challenge. Using Communities of Interest, Unisys Stealth helps secure sensitive data, servers and applications within a regional data center as well as corporate assets in the enterprise data center to:
- Isolate regional assets from local threats
- Segregate regional assets from each other
- Allow selective and secure regional access to the enterprise network
Using Unisys Stealth to connect the regional data center back to the corporate data center provides access to corporate servers, data, and applications to only those with explicit permission.
Secure Remote Access
Unisys StealthTM for Secure Remote Access provides teleworkers, clients, and other trusted parties outside the enterprise with access to sensitive data in the data center. Individuals can be authorized into secure Communities of Interest (COI) which provides limited, granular access to information they need. In addition to establishing virtual COI, Unisys Stealth makes communication endpoints – servers, laptops, and other devices – dark on the network, making them virtually invisible to anyone not authorized into the COI.
- Need-to-know access to enterprise data from outside the enterprise
- Flexibility to securely connect from practically anywhere, anytime
- Ease of use and enhanced user experience
Secure Virtual Terminal
Unisys Stealth for Secure Virtual Terminal (SVT) delivers the Unisys Stealth for Network Security on a secure USB-based device. SSVT is designed to protect high value transactions, transmit sensitive data, facilitate emergency preparedness, and is ideal for travelling, home-based, or guest users. It can be booted from virtually any PC or laptop and preconfigured to establish a virtual secure Stealth tunnel through any network - private or public - to another predetermined Stealth endpoint such as a URL, web portal, Stealth gateway, etc. Our solution guarantees a clean boot from the USB device that mitigates any malware that may have infected the PC itself.
- SSVT has all of the attributes of Stealth for Network Security
- Flexibility to securely connect from anywhere, anytime
- Ease of use and enhanced user experience
- Small and portable
|Stealth for Network|
|Stealth for Mobile|
Unisys StealthTM for Mobile enables authenticated and secure access to application processing environments in the data center from mobile applications. With Unisys Stealth for Mobile, security starts in the data center and extends to mobile devices. It leverages application wrapping software that encrypts data-in-motion from the mobile app across the Internet – securing it from hackers and eavesdroppers. Benefits include:
- Helps secure the most critical assets in the data center from threats introduced by mobile devices.
- End-users are quickly authenticated into Stealth Communities of Interest with no adverse impact on the user experience.
- Enables even more fine-grained security to be applied to your application users.
- Fosters quicker implementation of mobile initiatives - application developers don’t need to become security experts or keep up with ever-changing security protocols.
- Supports BYOD environments - it does not require an entire device to be secured; personal data or applications on the mobile device are undisturbed.
Unisys Stealth for Mobile secures the entire data path by protecting critical servers and virtual machines with Data Center Segmentation, connecting authenticated mobile users into secure Communities of Interest, and wrapping applications on the mobile device.
|Stealth for Mobile|